Notifications
Clear all

The Covid Experience

Page 2 / 3

donnieofthedead
Topic starter
(@donnieofthedead)

Post 8: The Rule Outs:

If you test + for Covid19, they will also run other tests to rule out other pathogens. Especially if diagnosed with Covid Pneumonia. The attached image is a Respiratory Pathogen test. And yes, the only + Flu I saw in 2020-2021 was also Covid+. It can happen. This test is also very common for anyone admitted for pneumonia. It is not specific to just Covid19 pandemic. 

donnieofthedead
Topic starter
(@donnieofthedead)

Post 9: In-hospital Covid19 Treatment. 

Given the rise of fully vaccinated patients being admitted with Covid19, as of this post there is no difference in treatment between the vaccinated and unvaccinated patient.

No doses will be provided. 

Oral Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc.

Oral acetaminophen for fever.

Subcutaneous anticoagulant such as Lovenox.

IV Remdesivir only if low pulse oximetry and supplemental oxygen.

IV Antibiotics for pneumonia.

IV Heparin for severe clotting such as a pulmonary embolism.

What about Hydroxychloriquine? I gave it once to one patient only. Other hospital systems did provide it early on in the pandemic.

Antibody therapy? Exists, I never provided it. 

Daily prescribed medications provided as appropriate.

That’s it. Vaccination status never mattered for therapies. 

2 Replies
useroffline
(@useroffline)

@donnieofthedead 

The Astra Zenica vaccine is known to cause blood clots in rare cases. This particular type of blood clotting cannot be prevented with aspirin. Of concern also is that the same rare condition linked to the AZ Vax can also be caused by Heparin. Is it then also advisable to give Heparin to a patient vaccinated with Astra Zenica in the case of clothing? Would Heparin increase the likelihood of such a patient suffering thrombocytopenia and die?

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2019/210/11/diagnosis-and-management-heparin-induced-thrombocytopenia-consensus-statement

donnieofthedead
(@donnieofthedead)

@useroffline Heparin is really only given to Covid+ if they are having a myocardial infarction or pulmonary embolism. Otherwise Lovenox is used. Thrombocytopenia is always a risk. Platlets are monitored daily if admitted and being treated.

donnieofthedead
Topic starter
(@donnieofthedead)

Post 10: Vaccination? 

These are estimates on my part and given some information from my employer back in June.

As of June, 60% of all hospital system staff had been fully vaccinated. The push has continued and now they are mandating the shot for sometime in the fall for all employees. At the time of this post, I am sure the number is greater than 60%. I do not have a figure. 

Almost all Michigan hospital systems mandated the vaccines by 8/6/2021. There are a few left that have not nor revealed a plan to do so. 

As for Fire/EMS? That vaccination rate is about 50% as of this post. So far, only one township is known to have mandated the vaccine for fall.

Interestingly, I went 14 months working directly with Covid+ patients with only a gown, gloves, face shield and N95 respirator.  I have never tested+ for Covid, nor have I been vaccinated. I never tested + for antibodies. My employer offered me bonuses to work more. Overtime was plenty.  

But after all those months of a dedicated Healthcare or Frontline Hero, now I am “unwelcome to work for” this system. And in that whole time, I was never tested for Covid to work. We simply had to log our temperatures and any symptoms prior to any shift worked. If any symptoms, we had to contact employee health for direction. Any + test would give us 10 days off. 

Did my coworkers ever catch Covid? Yes. Several. None were hospitalized. Some had no to mild symptoms. Some were quite ill. Some only discovered they “had” Covid from an antibody test roll-out in 2020. 

Have any of my fully vaccinated coworkers tested + for Covid? Yes. None were hospitalized. 

As a Healthcare provider, do I recommend the vaccine? That is entirely up to the choice of the patient. 

donnieofthedead
Topic starter
(@donnieofthedead)

Post 11: Delta Variant

I have been informed that the U of M does test for the Delta Variant, but the patient is not given the results nor is it entered in the patient record. U of M(ichgan) is a research and teaching hospital.

But anywhere else? The answer is “don’t know” or “no.” 

Also, rarely if ever are antibodies being drawn on the vaccinated and unvaccinated Covid+. Are the vaccines working? Why have some patients gotten Covid twice in under a year? I don’t have that answer. Anyone I have asked doesn’t have the answer or know of any current research into the matter. 

Covid19 infections are simply being blamed on Delta or some other variant. See the attached image provided to me from a contact: 

donnieofthedead
Topic starter
(@donnieofthedead)

Post 12a: Delta Variant Surge

MSM keeps report hospitals are full. Not in Michigan or mine. This is the admission bed count for 8/13. This number fluccuates greatly with admission and discharges, does not include the Emergency Department. 

Page 2 / 3
Share:
https://storage.ko-fi.com/cdn/scripts/overlay-widget.js kofiWidgetOverlay.draw(‘timozman’, { ‘type’: ‘floating-chat’, ‘floating-chat.donateButton.text’: ‘Donate’, ‘floating-chat.donateButton.background-color’: ‘#f45d22’, ‘floating-chat.donateButton.text-color’: ‘#fff’ });
%d bloggers like this: